National Contact Point for ECVET
Contact: Department of Lifelong Learning
Location: Štátny inštitút odborného vzdelávania, Bellova 54/A, 837 63 Bratislava
Head of Department: Mgr. Ľubica Gállová
Tel: 0911 469 793
ECVET is a technical framework for the transfer, recognition and accumulation of learning outcomes of persons aiming to obtain a qualification, the starting point for the implementation of ECVET being Recommendation 2009/C 155/02 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the establishment of the European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET).
The National Reference Point for ECVET is established by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic in accordance with the Resolution of the Council for Education, Youth and Culture of 12 November 2002 and the Copenhagen Declaration of 30 November 2002.
The National Reference Point performs the following tasks:
- cooperation in the development of vocational education and training (VET) and the development of lifelong learning (LLL) in the Slovak Republic in the field of defining learning outcomes, their recognition, accumulation and transfer,
- Cooperation in the development of the Slovak Qualifications Framework (SQF) and the promotion of transparency and comparability of qualifications,
- promoting national and international learner mobility,
- cooperation with the relevant units of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of the Slovak Republic on the recognition of evidence of acquired learning outcomes, acquired qualifications with regard to information on ECVET,
- advising individuals and institutions on the use of ECVET tools and documents, the development of training programmes and modules using ECVET tools,
- development of recommendations in the field of recognition of education and qualifications and in the field of vocational education and training and lifelong learning for the implementation of ECVET in the conditions of the Slovak Republic,
- informing and strengthening the understanding of ECVET among the professional and lay public in the Slovak Republic and abroad.
- cooperation on linking ECVET to other European initiatives and instruments (in particular the EQF and EQAVET)
- informing the European Commission on the status of ECVET implementation in the Slovak Republic
- establishing relations and cooperation with social partners represented by representatives of public administrations, employers, trade unions, students and other stakeholders.